Beach paradises: Crystal Lagoons, Lake Nona lagoon designer’s top projects worldwide21 January, 2015 / News
Lake Nona is set to get a new resort featuring a man-made recreational “lagoon” by Crystal Lagoons, company that has more than 300 projects either completed, in the works or planned across the globe.
Miami-based Crystal Lagoons US Corp. works with developers to design large-scale lagoons to serve as amenities for resorts, residential communities and more. The crystalline lagoons help real estate developers in many ways, including adding value to resort developments, attracting guests for longer visits, which means more money spent, and they can also help to boost surrounding property values.
The 11-acre Lake Nona lagoon will be the largest to date in the United States. Development plans haven’t yet been announced, but Lake Nona developer Tavistock Development Co. LLC reportedly is in talks with a potential resort partner to build the luxury resort that will feature the Crystal Lagoon.
Here’s a look at some of Crystal Lagoons most-popular existing developments, along with a couple that are still taking shape:
San Alfonso del Mar in Algarrobo, Chile
- Total size: 61.58 acres
- Lagoon size: 19.6 acres
- About: First Crystal Lagoon in the world and it won the Guinness record for the largest man-made lagoon. The first phase was built in 1997.
Citystars resort in Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt
- Total size: 1,853 acres
- Lagoon size: 27.92 acres
- About: Built in 2012; currently the largest lagoon in the world
Resort at Diamante in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- Total size: 1,500 acres
- Lagoon size: 9.98 acres
- About: Built in 2013
Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum City – District One in Dubai, UAE
- Lagoon size: 4 acres in the first phase; 90 acres total
- About: First phase was built in 2013; 20 acres under construction now; will be the largest lagoon in the world when completed
Epperson Ranch in Tampa
- Lagoon size: 7.5 acres
- About: Construction to start this year; first Crystal Lagoon in the United States